Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Diet Trial #1 - Week 1 Update

So, I'm thinking this Special K diet thing will be an easier thing to do after school starts and I lack the option to go out to eat for lunch.  I'll be honest, I haven't stuck with the Special K stuff for breakfast and lunch.  Breakfast is easy enough to do.  However, since I'm still out for the summer and being mildly social, lunch hasn't been easy.

That being said, I've still dropped a little over 3 lbs in a week.  Whoo!  The diet promised 6 lbs in two weeks and I'm half way there in time and weight.

I spoke with one of my new friends who is a runner about taking up running.  She had some good pointers and promised to share a lot more via her blog (I'd link you, but I'm not sure if she's into me broadcasting her page).  The first major change I would have to make would be to start going to bed and getting up a lot earlier so I could run in the mornings.  Once school starts, I'll attempt to adjust my schedule to make that happen.  Then, we'll see how running goes.

2 comments:

  1. So how did you do it losing the 3lbs in a week if it wasn't the Special K diet? Hard work and exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a lot of walking in my Reebok EasyTone tennies. I don't know if they make a difference at all - but I did do a LOT of walking over the week. Not nearly as much as I do while teaching, but nevertheless, a lot.

    ReplyDelete