Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two Things Tuesday

My good friend, Elizabeth, writes a blog in which she has weekly posts for Thursday entitled, "Three Things Thursday". As I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon, I was inspired by a structured weekly post. With her permission, I altered her Thursday and changed it to my very own Two Things Tuesday.

2tT posts will be around random things. Sometimes they may be themed. No promises.

Now, without further ado, two things:

1. I love my movie buddy Dan dislikes going to the movies. I love going to the movies. It really doesn't even matter what the movie is - I'm there for the escapism and, more importantly, the popcorn. I could live on popcorn. Since Dan does not like to go to the movies, I was left with the option of not seeing them or seeing them at home. Enter Elizabeth! She is my movie buddy, and I am truly grateful for her. We snap up the $5 Groupon tickets to Studio Movie Grill every time they pop up. It makes me happy to go to the movies with Elizabeth.

2. Buh-Bye Queso In recent times, I have been eating a lot of chips and queso. I loved the melted cheese. It didn't even have to be great queso. Even just melted Velveeta worked for me. However, after a short period of not having any queso, I've discovered I can no longer stomach it. For some reason, it makes me sick to eat much of the stuff. This makes me sad. The same thing happened when I stopped eating McDonalds for a period of time. After that, it just didn't taste as good and made me sick to eat. I suppose we build up a tolerance to the junk we eat, which allows us to keep eating whatever it is. While it isn't a bad thing I can no longer stomach melted cheesy dip awesomeness, I am going to miss it very much.

1 comment:

  1. I need a movie buddy! Actually I just do netflix now... The same thing happens to me with sugar when I stop eating it the next time I try to eat sweets I get so dehydrated and sick!

    ReplyDelete