Friday, May 20, 2011

For the fun of it

I really wanted to volunteer for the dunk tank for the 8th grade picnic.  However, I am a 6th grade teacher with a class full of 6th graders during the planned time for the picnic.  Thankfully, they wanted another volunteer enough that I was able to take my 6th graders, who were absolutely thrilled, to the 8th grade picnic today.

Originally, the kids were told that it would cost $1 for 3 shots at knocking whomever was sitting for the dunk tank into the water.  One of my little darlings (a child who never does anything wrong, is always polite, and puts up with sitting near my biggest headache of 6th period) informed me that he brought $20 to school because he planned to make sure I was dunked.  Flattered and surprised, I countered that I wasn't worried if he thought he needed $20 worth of shots in order to knock me into the water.  To this he responded that he had been practicing throwing and actually just intended to knock me into the water a lot. I have no "after" pictures as of yet.


On a completely different topic, the auction house from where I bought my dress posted pictures they had taken of me trying on dresses.  I figured some of you might enjoy checking these out.  Don't worry, the dress isn't pictured.

(Checking out the bustle of this one.  Wasn't really a fan.  Also too big - trying to hold it on.)

(Didn't like the diagonal cut of the front of this one.  Way too big, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment