Monday, May 16, 2011

"New" Things

While staying home with the plague, I decided I ought to find a box large enough to ship out my first wedding gown.

About that... I am a confirmed online-shopaholic.  So, when I got engaged, I began scouring the internet for a gown.  This is before I ever tried on a gown and had any idea of what would look good or what I truly wanted.  So, needless to say, I bought a gown I later regretted (not what I was looking for, way too big, etc.).  Fortunately, I was able to list the dress on Once Wed and it sold fairly quickly to someone who will likely appreciate it more than me.  I digress.

In my closet I had a big Disney box large enough in which to ship a wedding gown.  However, in this box was a bunch of clothes I had packed up after I had gained weight.  As of today, I've lost 18 lbs since August 2010.  It's amazing what a massive amount of walking and limiting portion sizes as well as junk food intake will do.  Anywho, I decided to try on everything in the box.  All of it fit!  Half of it was so out of style there was no reason to keep it, so it went into another box to donate.  It was like getting new stuff for free!

While going outside for a moment, I discovered the "Walking Iris" plant had bloomed!  This thing rarely blooms.  Even when it does, it never has more than 2 blooms at once.  This time, there were 4 blooms!


1 comment:

  1. where are you? I think you are holding the plant.

    Good luck with the weight loss. You will lose more what with the stress of school and planning a wedding, I promise.

    I have been on a plateau for a week or so now so jelly beans and gum drops are forbidden in the house.

    I like this idea of the blog and I will followit, for sure!

    ReplyDelete