Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ice Breakers, Eye Patches, and Garbage, Oh My!

Going back to work excites me.  Ice breakers?  Not so much.  It's no secret to anyone, including the people I train with on the regular, that I loathe ice breakers.  While today's wasn't as bad as the picture below, it was an ice breaker, nevertheless.  To make up to everyone else for the ice breaker I didn't force us all to do, when I had to do some training in the afternoon, I opened the library cafe for free coffee, hot chocolate, or tea for everyone.  No ice breakers, only happiness in cups.


In other news, I achieved 1 of 3 goals I set for myself this month in my first post.  I went to the eye doc today.  He gave me a hard time about not wearing my glasses.  I suggested I just get an eye patch to cover my right eye ("the bad one").  While an obviously stylish choice, he vetoed the idea and again insisted I just wear my dang glasses.  I agreed I would and put my glasses away as I left his office.

Today's journal prompt was: "Something that you're looking forward to".  I wasn't inspired by that because I already answered "What are you most looking forward to" as my first prompt.  I feel like this list of journal prompts was something that was an assignment a student turned in, expecting the teacher to not actually read it and notice that half of it was garbage.  



Anyway.  Instead, I'm going to leave you with a quote, because I want to: "What you allow, is what will continue." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment