Friday, January 19, 2018

You're Not Helping, Piglet


And neither are any of my readers.

While looking at my journal prompt list to see what today's journal prompt was, I realized that I stopped on 16 on the 17th (when I supposedly caught up). None of you said anything. :P

Anyway. It's been long week in Houston (ba-dum-tis), so I'll forgive you.

17. A quote that inspires you. I really miss Doctor Who. I miss the adventures and wonderful nuggets of wisdom like this quote:


18. A mistake that helped you grow.  I made the mistake of not holding people in my personal life to higher standards and allowing them to treat me as a sub-par friend or family member. I'd been asked for years why I bothered with people who don't make the same effort back. I'd responded that I would rather have a crappy relationship instead of none at all. I learned what a mistake that was. I shouldn't have been so surprised when people acted the way they did after having acted similarly for years. I've grown to realize that I, like everyone else, have limited time and it should only be spent on those who respect and care for me.

19. When you feel the most rested
.  Man, I don't know the last time I felt rested. I've had trouble sleeping and I've also spent days just sleeping... I've still felt tired.



I suppose the last time I wasn't feeling horribly stressed and was able to just relax and rest was during my 2016 summer La Jolla, California trip. No one in my family was terribly sick, no one had died, everything was just okay in the world. I enjoyed watching the ocean waves from my hotel rooms (which were all chosen for their views). It was nice to sit and just be in the quiet of my room, watching the ocean.



I suppose, to answer the question, I feel the most rested when I know the people who mean the most to me are okay. Then I can relax and rest.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment