Wednesday, January 3, 2018

It's All Poop


I hate to use the same meme base in two blogs, back to back, but whatever.  This best described my day.

The journal prompt for the day is: Describe your day in ten words.

1 & 2 - Dragon poop
3 & 4 - Cat poop
5 - Sick
6 & 7 - Boring shopping
8 - CHORES
9 - Tears
10 - Cranky

I guess today was both a good day and a bad day.  I'd rate it a solid 6/10.  I woke up and got ready at a reasonable hour, regardless that it was my last day of winter break, to go see my new doctor - Dr. Hotty McHotface.  I've had sinus and lung issues for about 2 weeks which had not been improving on its own. 

Before heading out, I decided to make good on my promise to the husband to clean the cat box.  For two cats, there was way too much poop in that box.  Maybe the weight loss kibble is working?  Maybe the husband is using the box too?  Who knows. 

As I was washing my hands, I heard the bearded dragon start pacing around her terrarium.  I went to investigate.  Now, the dragon is poop shy.  She will avoid pooping when someone is watching.  Today I discovered that she will stop, MID-POOP, if someone is watching.  She froze. She looked at me, I looked at her.  Disgusted, I went off to get cleaning supplies.  I came back to a dragon poop explosion.  Sometimes I hate her so much.


I finally made it to my appointment with Dr. Hotty McHotface.  He was super nice and straightforward.  I don't have the death-plague, so I have to go to work.  

After grabbing Chicken Fries from Burger King (they make me happy), I decided to brave the Walmart Neighborhood near my house.  It wasn't bad, which led to me doing more shopping than I had planned.  I guess the fancy cottage cheese with fruit mix-ins counts as therapeutic shopping.  I'm still counting this as a No Spend day in my n-bujo-jo.  I even remembered to pick up bacon for the instant bacon maker my mom sent me.  We'll try that another day.

As I pulled up into the garage, I broke down crying over my dad.  I don't even know what triggered me.  I tried to pull myself together, but couldn't quite get myself to stop.  It hits me hard when it hits me that he is really gone.  It's so easy to tell myself that he is just doing his thing - going to work, then heading off to the lake for the weekend.  I don't know why I'm breaking down randomly.

In an attempt to pull myself out of it, I did a bunch of chores around the house.  The husband was visibly pleased (actually smiled at my accomplished tasks) when he got home.  Making myself busy helped.

I'm just cranky at this point.  Not sure why.  I've made myself a coffee, Sadie is curled up behind me, acting as a kitty heating pad, dishes are done, laundry is almost done (early! Not even waiting until Sunday!)... but still.  I'm ready to start another day.



2 comments:

  1. I break down at random times over my dad too. It's been 8 months and honestly it still doesnt feel real that he's not here. Oddly, Christmas, his birthday, wasn't as hard to handle as other days I have had. I took chsrlie to a girl scout event and a song started playing that reminded me of him and I just sat there crying while trying to help her build a stick reindeer and the people running the event came over to talk to me about we were doing. It sucked.

    - jonni

    ReplyDelete
  2. my house was never as clean as it was when my dad died. I cleaned obsessively to keep my mind occupied. Don't be mad at yourself for breaking down or being cranky. You're doing your best and I'm proud of you. Love you, Linds. <3 -Louise

    ReplyDelete